Thursday, March 19, 2015

Friday Night Family Time

Morena (good morning in Maori)!

One of my favorite Friday nights in NZ was when I had a very traditional kiwi dinner with my host family and we ate fish and chips on the beach. It was scrumptious and so relaxing (although I did get slightly nervous when Paige started feeding some very aggressive seagulls our leftover chips!). Afterwards we played in a park playground overlooking the beach, enjoying the nice weather and being silly. It was my ideal Friday night!


Lachie splashing in the beautiful beach at Cockle Bay! Him and Paige enjoyed a nice afternoon swim.

Enjoying fish and chips on the beach with my little buddies :).

And they started feeding and attracting some very aggressive seagulls and I started getting nervous!

We even attracted ducks! Eventually I just gave into the craziness and started feeding them, too. Truth be told, it was really fun!

Taking the scenic route to the park with Paige!

Taking a break to climb a tree!

It was such a fun night, not unlike many nights with the McKechnies! I have so loved being an adopted member of this lovely family. :)

Lots of Love,

Katie

Fun Fact: The pohutukawa tree is known as New Zealand's "Christmas tree" as its beautiful red flowers red flowers only bloom in December. Despite missing the blooming season, I have still loved seeing the beauty of the pohutukawas!




No comments:

Post a Comment