Thursday, January 29, 2015

Up, Up, and Away!

Greetings to all reading this! 

I cannot believe that I'm embarking on my adventure to New Zealand in just a few hours! It seems like it has been so distant for so long and now it's actually here...it's a bit surreal to be honest. After a week of running around trying to get ready (with a few comical setbacks along the way),  I'm so exhausted that I should hopefully sleep well on the plane rides :). 

Before I go, I want to take the time to say a big THANK YOU to all of my family and friends! In the weeks leading up to my departure, I've received an outpouring of wonderful messages and send-offs that have made me feel very loved. Between lunch/brunch dates, a homemade sushi dinner, drinks on a cold Sunday night, a crazy Monday night (during which I had to crash a friend's shower due to a plumbing issue and then made her do errands with me), it has been so much fun! And for all those who aren't nearby, thank you for all of the lovely phone calls, texts, emails, skype sessions, etc.! Also, I'm pretty much the luckiest person ever because my wonderful Mom and Nonna made a special trip down to Arlington from snowy NJ to see me off; they are the best and it is exactly the kind of TLC I needed before embarking!

I am set to arrive in NZ on Saturday at 6 am, which is noon on Friday eastern time (I'm going to be so confused with being 18 hours ahead!). Hopefully my body will be able to adjust to the time difference quickly so that I can explore a bit and also be ready to begin student teaching on Monday. 

Thanks for reading my first post and will post again as soon as I can! Farewell, USA!

Lots of Love,

Katie

Fun Fact: Auckland, NZ is the first major city in the world to experience a new day and a new year! So basically, I will be able to tell you the future...;)

No comments:

Post a Comment